I have been made aware recently that I am starting to acquire this a̶d̶d̶i̶c̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ habit of buying new books every single time I attempt to browse and kill some time inside a bookstore.
I just finished reading Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov. And because of this new habit of mine, I realized that I now have a pile of books sitting on my desk. I made a promise to myself to not buy any new ones (as much as possible) not until I’ve finished reading and re-reading all of them. And since we’re on it, let me share with you the remaining books I have on my queue for 2017.
- Don’t Sweat the Small Stuff by Richard Carlson – This was recommended to me by a friend.
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone by J.K. Rowling – I’ve been dying to buy my own copy and re-read the entire series.
- Hollow City by Ransom Riggs – Finally had the chance to get a copy of the second book in the Miss Peregrine’s Peculiar Children series.
- The Beautiful and Damned by F. Scott Fitzgerald – I’m a bit embarrassed to admit that this is my first Fitzgerald book, even though I’m such a huge fan of his.
- 1Q84 by Haruki Murakami – I’m excited to read this one after falling in love with my last Murakmi book which was Kafka on the Shore.
- Love & Misadventure by Lang Leav – Again, like with Fitzgerald, even though I am such a fan of Lang Leav, this is my first book from her.
- Les Misérables by Victor Hugo – I’m a little late on this one because I haven’t seen even the musical. I don’t know if it’s just me but I always prefer to read the book first.
- November 9 by Colleen Hoover – Funny story behind the reason why I bought this book. You see, my birthday falls on that exact date so the narcissist in me got curious and convinced me to buy the book.
I’m excited to devour all of these literary masterpieces. Please feel free to suggest other books, maybe I’ll encounter them the next time I decide to spend some time inside a bookstore. 😉 Suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!